Lovely Tennessee

Lovely Tennessee

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Brady turns 1!!!!

Brady as a baby

Brady turned 1 today.  It's funny how he and best friend, Bruschi were only born 1 day apart and actually have spent everyday together since that first day.  They are best friends.

Brady is doing well.  These days he's all about the girls.  He is still experiencing his first rut, thankfully its not in full swing anymore.  It makes me a little sad he doesn't think of me as his mama anymore. I'm considered a girl to him.  I take care of the girl goats first so when by the time I go into the boys pen I smell like the girls.  Brady is fine running to his feed dish but if I spend any excessive time in the pen then I have to watch out. He's comes on over to me looking for pats and rubs but then starts smelling the girls smells and then its over for me.  He will start making mating noises at me and you know it, will try to mount me.

Most of the time Brady will get his pats and rubs through the fence so I don't have to worry about this and possibly be taken off guard and get hurt.

For all of you who don't know, we are originally from New England and of course are big Patriots fans.  That is how Brady got his name.  He is named after The Patriots quarterback, Tom Brady.  Brady is an American Nubian and is currently our herd sire.  We are expecting some of Brady's babies in March and April.

Here are some pictures I took of Brady today.

Brady enjoying the wind in his face

Brady nibbling at the cedar post

Brady

Brady and his best friend Bruschi

I can't believe how fast time goes by and the boys are already 1 years old.


No comments:

Post a Comment