Lovely Tennessee

Lovely Tennessee

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Turning 37

This past Sunday, December 18th was my birthday.  I turned 37.  I know it is a funny thing to ask for on one's birthday but I asked Jamie to clean out the pig pen for me, really clean it out.  This was a big job and with not liking going in the pig pen too much now that the pigs are getting big I was really happy that he said yes and got it done.

So that is how my day started off, morning chores as usual and then the rest of the morning was done by cleaning the house.  I had been slacking off and it was getting bad.  Got the house cleaning done and then hung around the house for the day with the kids watching the Pats game, which they won.  Woohoo!!

Present time this year was the best!!! Jamie and the kids got me a Kindle Fire for my present.  I love to read and had been wanting a regular kindle for a while now.  We did have some issues with the Kindle Fire loading Facebook, so I ended up returning it and got another one which thankfully works great and has no issues like the first one.  I really can't tell you how well it works personally because Hailey and Jamie have been playing games on it since I got it.  When I do get a chance though to use it, it's great and runs really fast.  I was able to download my new book that just came out and hopefully will get to start reading it soon.

When I was younger and my birthday would come around I thought that the day should be all about me.  Always doing what I wanted, going out before we had kids, going out to eat for my birthday dinner with the kids.  Now I find that when my birthday comes around it's still a special day but in a different way.  I still can't believe that I turned 37 this year.  I really don't know where the time has went.  I do know that the time has been filled with creating and making my dreams come true.  Like getting married to the love of my life, having two wonderful kids and watching them grow and having the best quality of life we can create for ourselves. 

This birthday has opened my eyes and has shown me that my birthday is not about just me and it wouldn't be a special birthday at all if I didn't have the people I love to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment