Lovely Tennessee

Lovely Tennessee

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas is almost here!!!

This past weekend we went out to get our tree.  We always have a real tree and thankfully found a Christmas tree farm close to us.  It didn't take long for us to find a tree and have Jamie cut it down and load it up on the car.

Once home, we put it in the stand and let it sit over night because by the time we got home we needed to do the evening chores, have dinner and finally relax for the evening.

Naked Tree

Sunday, the kids and I took out all the Christmas totes to start decorating.  Jamie was in the middle of cutting up the deer that he had gotten Friday night.  The kids were so excited to pull everything out of the boxes and look it over.  First we got the tree done, lots of lights, ornaments and of course the candy canes for the kids to eat all month.  We then went ahead and decorated the fireplace. 

I'm really excited to have a real fireplace to have a Christmas morning fire in and not just have the Yule Log on the TV while Christmas music is playing as we have done in the past years.

Christmas tree and fireplace decorated

With having the fireplace mantel space to decorate we had some room on the wine hutch to decorate. I asked the kids if they would like to put their nutcracker collection there to display.  Drew and Hailey usually get a nutcracker from Jamie's parents every year for one of their presents.

Drew & Hailey's nutcracker collection

I got all the greenery and bows up on the windows like we have in the past.  We had some extra greenery left over this year and also some new ribbon I got and made a swag for the entrance from the living room to the dining room.  I wrapped the greenery with lights and some of the ribbon and then made 3 big bows from the leftover ribbon to dress it up.  I really like it and probably will add a little more to it when I get to the store again.

Homemade swag I made

The kids also wanted to decorate our little tree from last year.

Little Christmas tree

Last Christmas was a very hard time for us.  Jamie was living in TN and the kids and I were living in MA.  We did come to TN for Christmas and school vacation to be togethor.  I was thankful last year that we could spend Christmas togethor even with it being in a hotel.  This year is much different.  The kids are really excited for Christmas to be here. The kids were even singing Christmas songs while decorating the tree togethor.  We are looking forward to having our first Christmas here in our home.  I am very thankful this Christmas that all of us are togethor under one roof and won't have to be seperated ever again.




2 comments:

  1. Hello! I am also a MA girl who moved "down south!" I live in Maryland with my husband were we have a small time farm. I saw your blog on Hobby Farms Forum, and I look forward to reading your blog very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, its nice to meet you. Where did you live in MA? We are originally from the South Shore but lived in Western MA for the last 8 years before we moved here to TN.
    Glad you enjoy reading the blog, lots of family at home never have experienced the things we are doing down here, so I like to post about what is going on around the farm and with what is going on in our life.
    i would love to hear about your farm and the types of things you do.

    ReplyDelete