Lovely Tennessee

Lovely Tennessee

Saturday, July 30, 2011

First New Fridge Ever!!!

I'm sure this is going to sound weird to a lot of people but ever since I was little I loved to go to the store and look at refrigerators.  My father and I would always check them all out and pick which one we liked best even though we didn't need a new fridge.

I have passed this onto my daughter.  Ever since Hailey could talk she would always ask to go see the fridges if we went to any store that had them.  Of course I would happily oblige because I still love looking at all the new fridges.

Well, finally for the first time in my life I got to pick one out and buy it.  When we bought our first house we asked for the existing fridge, which we got.  This fridge has given us 9 years of service and I'm not sure how many to the previous owners.  It always did its "job" but it was never my favorite.

Old Fridge

Inside of old Fridge and freezer, almost empty for the new one.

Well one day last week, the fridge light went out. No it wasn't the bulb, checked that.  Then is felt as if the freezer and fridge wasn't as cool as it should be.   So we decided it was time for a new fridge.  We all went down to Lowe's and check all the fridge's out.  We decided on one but ended up coming back to change it because of measurements.

Well our new fridge was delivered on Thursday and so far we all love it. 

Our new Fridge!!!!

Yes, we picked stainless steel and are hoping in the future to replace all our other appliances to match.  One of the best things we love is having the water and ice dispenser.  We've never had one of those before.  It's so nice not to remember to make ice and it gives crushed ice too.

Inside of the new Fridge

We have lots of room, especially for all our produce which we eat a lot of in our family.

This is the new Freezer

The Freezer is one of the pull out drawer types.  I've never really like them until now.  I love that you can section off the area you want to the size you want.  We also have a 2nd ice maker that deposits ice into a large container.  I really like it because as you can see I have a separate area for my frozen goat's milk.  In our old freezer they were all over the place and always falling over.

I always make a weekly dinner menu, yes I am OCD but it works for us.  Plus I don't spend more at the grocery store trying to guess what to buy.  Anyway, I went ahead and checked our large freezer chest for available stuff and made my menu and then moved all my frozen foods from the big freezer to this one for the our weekly meals.  It's working great.  This way I don't have to go into the big freezer but once a week to do the weekly menu and I always know what I have.  Not some lost something or other in the bottom of the big freezer.

The old fridge seems to be working still. So we are going to keep it.  If we decide to actually put anything in it we will just keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't completely break down.

The Fridge is a Samsung and it's doing great so far.  Even though we have our new fridge I'm sure Hailey and I will still look at them, probably not a closely as the stoves and dishwashers though now.


1 comment: