Lovely Tennessee

Lovely Tennessee

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cooking Like a Mad Woman

This past week as been really busy with cooking.  Over the weekend we sent 10 more chickens to freezer camp. We are running out of freezer room so we had to make our chicken stock right away instead of freezing the bones.  So we went ahead and made 11 quarts of chicken stock.  It will be used for chicken noodle soup and I think I may start cooking our white rice in it also to add extra flavor.  We eat alot of white rice in the house.  



Saturday afternoon I took a real good look through of the garden and found LOTS of veggies.  I used up most of the pickling cucumbers to make another 12 pints of really dill pickles for Jamie.  We are also starting to get our tomatoes so I think I may make tomatoe sauce later on today and can it for future use.

I also thawed out some of my goats milk and made a batch of Chevre.  I think I may try flavoring it this time will garlic and see how that tastes.  I am going to share this batch with my neighbors.

We also tried a new recipe of stuffed zucchini, its wasn't bad but a little bland.  I think I may make it with sausage next time instead of ground beef.



I really love having the garden but its lots of work trying to preserve everything.  I know that when the winter rolls around I will be happy to have it all in the pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment