Lovely Tennessee

Lovely Tennessee

Saturday, April 20, 2013

All the Babies have Gone

All of the baby goats that were born here on our farm, Russell's Ridge Nubians have left to go to their new homes.
 
They have all gone to really good homes and I couldn't be happier with all of the families that chose us for their Nubian.
 
The first to go was Daisy.  I love all the babies but there is always one that sneaks into your heart and Daisy was the one this year.  She has gone to live in Alabama with a wonderful family, who has little girls that have become Daisy's best friends.
 
Her new home decided to keep her name Daisy.
 
  Daisy - Isn't she gorgeous!!
 
Next to leave was Duncan and Sam. They are living together here in Tennessee.  Duncan has gone to be a herd sire to a current herd of 3 does.  Sam got to go along as a wether and be his friend and keep him company when he is not visiting the girls.
 
They were both sweet boys and loved to be petted and hugged and held.  I sure do miss them.
 
I had Hailey take a bunch of pictures of me with all the babies the day before they left to go to their new homes.  I love looking at them.
 
Their new owners have decided to change their names, Duncan is now Roscoe and Sam is now Riley.
 
Duncan & I, he has such a curious face

Sam & I, Sam was yelling here even though he was just sitting with me
 
Itty Bitty was next.  Itty Bitty stole my heart from the moment she was born. She was the smallest only weighing in at 4.2lbs.  She was a fighter from the beginning and didn't let her sister or brother push her around too much.  Itty Bitty loved to have lap time and give kisses.
Itty Bitty is living in Kentucky with Jennifer at her farm, Our Little Farm.  Jennifer and I became friends via online since we have a lot of the same interests.  She has a small herd and wanted to add one of our Nubian's to it.  It was very exciting to meet her and her husband Brian in person when they came to get Itty Bitty.  Jennifer is as sweet in person as she is online and I have no doubts she will love Itty Bitty just like I would.
 
Jennifer decided to keep Itty Bitty's name the same.
 
Itty Bitty with her new mama, Jennifer, can you tell she's happy
 
A few days later Maddie's girls Lana & Luna were picked up to go to their new home together.  I was really happy they found a home together since they were really bonded.  Both girls are super sweet.  Lana was on the quiet reserved side and Luna was the outgoing curios one.
They compliment each other very well.
Lana & Luna are living here in Tennessee with Kim and her family at their farm, Smith Rock Hill Farm.  Kim raises meat goats and has always wanted some Nubian's.  Lana & Luna will be the foundation of their future Nubian herd.
 
Kim also decided to keep the girls names the same, Lana & Luna
 
Lana (front) & Luna (back) relaxing on a hot day in the shade in the barn
 
The last to leave was Allen.  Allen's new owner took off 10 days from work to be able to be home with Allen to help him adjust.  Is that nice or what!!
Sissy already has 1 goat.  He is also a wether like Allen and a Nubian too.  His name is Newton.  She rescued him and is not too sure of his age but she wanted to get him a friend just like him.
So Allen is going to be a beloved pet goat living in Mississippi.
 
Allen has been newly named Buckley.
 
Allen meeting his new mama for the first time and already giving her kisses.
 
I always feel both sad and happy when the baby goats are gone.  Sad that they are now longer here with me but happy that they are at their new loving homes.
 
I always try my hardest to pick the best homes for my baby goats.  Some people say they are just goats but if you know me they aren't JUST goats, they are my babies and who doesn't want the best for their babies.
 
Our 2013 kidding season was a success.  We had 4 does and 3 buckling's.  All were born alive and healthy and I can't ask for anything more than that.
 
I have already started planning our 2014 breeding's which I am really excited about since adding in some new blood to our herd. 
 
If your interested in knowing more about our herd you can always visit us at www.russellsridgenubians.com.
 
We have already started a waiting list for 2014. If you would like to be added just let me know.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Great post Julie.. I really enjoyed reading it this morning and yes I love Itty Bitty and I'm so happy shes in my herd. Cant wait to visit again :)

    ReplyDelete