Lovely Tennessee

Lovely Tennessee

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Time's Heart of Mine

Heart of Mine is my new purebred doeling I got for a Mother's Day gift.
 
Me & Heart the day I picked her up to bring her home.
 
Months ago when I went to pick up my new little buckling, Dream from Davis Run Nubians.  Jenny and her daughter Davis showed me around and I got to meet her herd.
 
I spotted a new mom with triplets.  They were so cute and small. They had just been born a few days prior.  I of course was drawn to them because all the babies were black.  For some reason I am currently drawn to black goats.  I just love how sleek their coats look.
 
Anyway, I of course asked if they were for sale, especially the little doeling that had gorgeous white markings on her.  Jenny said they hadn't decided yet but they were pretty sure they were keeping her.  So on we went with the tour and while we were in another baby pen, Jenny brought me the little doeling asking her daughter Davis is she wanted to keep her and Davis said it was okay to sell her!!!  Jenny put the doeling in my arms and I was done for.
 
Now came the hard part convincing my hubby to let me have her.  To make a long story short, he said yes and that she could be my Mother's Day gift!!!  Now most people wouldn't want a goat for a mother's day gift but it was PERFECT for me!!!
 
We decided to have the dam raise her since I already had 2 bottle babies at home. So she stayed at Davis Run Nubians for the next 8 weeks until she was old enough to be weaned from her mom.
 
Heart on the ride home
 
Heart is a big girl. She weighed 36lbs at 8 weeks old and barely fit in the basket I brought for her.  We made it work and got her home.
 
If your wondering about the title of this post, it is her name.  Her full name pending ADGA approval will be Davis Run Time's Heart of Mine.  As you all know, I love all things Scottish so of course I had to incorporate that if I could.  In Scottish Gaelic the word Heart is cridhe.  It is pronounced Cree.
Heart's call name is Cree.
 
Cree comes from excellent blood & milking lines and I am so excited to be adding them to my herd through Cree.
 
 
   Sire: *B Kastdemur's Time Is On My Side
          SS: *B Kastdemur's Time In A Bottle
                   SSS: SG++*B Kastdemur's LH Full Service
                            SSSS: GCH++*B Kastdemur's MPR Liason
                            SSSD: GCH Kastdemur's HCK Hailey 3*M
                   SSD: SGCH Kastdemur's Temerity 5*M
                            SSDS: Sweet Harvest Show Time
                            SSDD: GCH Kastdemur's Audacity 4*M
          SD: Kastdemur's Tainted Love 2*M
                   SDS: GCH++*B Kastdemur's Audacious
                           SDSS: SG++*B Kstdemur's LH Full Service
                           SDSD: GCH Kastdemur's Aubree 3*M
                   SDD: GCH Lassenwood Miller Valentine 1*M
                           SDDS: +B Prairie-Patch Miller
                           SDDD: Manges-Colony Valentina
 
Dam: Davis Run HC Constance Willow
         DS: Hoanbu ATL Calient
                   DSS: CH*B Wingwood Farm Finding Atlantis
                           DSSS:+*B Wingwood Farm Real Tactitian
                           DSSD: SGCH Wingwood Farm Tim Aminance 1*M
                   DSD:Hoanbu TM California Dreamin
                           DSDS: SGCH+*B Wingwood Farm TS Timothy
                           DSDD: SGCH Hoanbu Strpes Caravelle Misty 1*M
         DD: Willow Run Eros Consuelo
                   DDS:*B Willow Run Theses Eros
                           DDSS:++*B C/F Thesus
                           DDSD: SGCH Willow Run at Erazel 2*M          
                   DDD: Willow Run Valmont Constance
                           DDDS: SG*B Willow Run Enferno Valmont
                           DDDD: Willow Run SGTPR Constellation    

 
Cree has now been with the herd for a few weeks now and she is doing wonderful.  She stays close to Whimsey, I think she thinks she is her mama, since they are both black.  Thankfully Whimsey is a sweet doe and doesn't mind it.  Cree has also become best friends with our other new doeling Juliet.  They go everywhere together and if one wanders away to far the other will start yelling for them.  I'm so happy they have each other to grow up with.
 
Of course I can't forget to show a bunch of pics, so here they are.
 
Cree meeting all the girls

Cree - isn't she gorgeous?

Cree, markings on right side

Cree, markings on left side



I can't wait to watch her develop and see what she will produce in kids and milk.
      
       
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We do too!!!

      not sure if you use facebook but we have a page there that is updated almost daily if your interested. :)

      https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Russells-Ridge-Nubians/131381693617024

      Delete